Definitions for ORS 442.575 to 442.584
(1) "Commission" means the Health Resources Commission established pursuant to ORS 442.580 (Health Resources Commission).
(2) "Established medical technology" means a medical technology that is in widespread use and considered by practitioners as accepted or standard practice for addressing a specific clinical condition.
(3) "Medical technology" means drugs, medical equipment and devices, and medical or surgical procedures and techniques used by health care providers in delivering medical care to individuals, and the organizational or supportive systems within which such care is delivered.
(4) "Medical technology assessment" means evaluation of indicators for use, clinical effectiveness and cost of a technology in comparison with its alternatives.
(5) "New and emerging medical technology" means a medical technology that is not in widespread use or does not constitute standard practice for a particular clinical condition. [1993 c.754 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information