Definitions for ORS 442.550 to 442.570
(1) "Commission" means the Oregon Student Assistance Commission.
(2) "Dentist" means any person licensed to practice dentistry under ORS chapter 679.
(3) "Nurse practitioner" means any person licensed under ORS 678.375 (Nurse practitioners).
(4) "Pharmacist" means any person licensed as a pharmacist under ORS chapter 689.
(5) "Physician" means any person licensed to practice medicine under ORS chapter 677.
(6) "Physician assistant" means any person licensed under ORS 677.495 (Definitions for ORS 677.495 to 677.545) and 677.505 (Application of provisions governing physician assistants to other health professions) to 677.525 (Fees).
(7) "Qualifying loan" means any loan made to a medical student, physician assistant student, dental student, pharmacy student or nursing student under:
(b) Programs under Title IV parts B, D and E, of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended; and
(c) The Health Professions Student Loan, Nursing Student Loan, Health Education Assistance Loan and Primary Care Loan programs administered by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
(8) "Qualifying practice site" means:
(a) A rural hospital as defined in ORS 442.470 (Definitions for ORS 442.470 to 442.507);
(b) A rural health clinic;
(c) A pharmacy that is located in a medically underserved rural community in Oregon or a federally designated health professional shortage area and that is not part of a group of six or more pharmacies under common ownership; or
(d) Another practice site in a medically underserved rural community in Oregon. [1989 c.893 §16; 1991 c.947 §5; 1999 c.582 §11; 1999 c.704 §23; 2001 c.336 §1; 2005 c.357 §3; 2007 c.485 §1]
Note: 442.550 (Definitions for ORS 442.550 to 442.570) to 442.570 (Rural Health Services Fund) were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 442 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information