Nursing Services Program created
- • criteria for participation
- • rules
(1) There is created the Nursing Services Program, to be administered by the Oregon Student Assistance Commission pursuant to rules adopted by the commission. The purpose of the program is to provide loan repayments on behalf of nurses who agree to practice in nursing critical shortage areas.
(2) To be eligible to participate in the program, a nurse or prospective nurse shall submit a letter of interest to the commission. Applicants who are selected for participation according to criteria adopted by the commission under subsection (3) of this section shall sign a letter of agreement stipulating that the applicant agrees to abide by the terms of the program described in ORS 442.545 (Conditions of participation in Nursing Services Program).
(3) The commission shall by rule adopt, in consultation with the Oregon State Board of Nursing and the Office of Rural Health, criteria for participation in the program.
(4) The Oregon State Board of Nursing by rule shall annually identify, in consultation with the Office of Rural Health, those areas that are considered nursing critical shortage areas.
(5) Amounts paid to the commission as penalties under ORS 442.545 (Conditions of participation in Nursing Services Program) shall be credited and deposited in the Nursing Services Account created under ORS 348.570 (Funds and accounts created). The commission, in consultation with the Oregon State Board of Nursing, by rule shall allow waiver of all or part of any fees or penalties owed to the commission due to circumstances that prevent a nurse from fulfilling a service obligation under ORS 442.545 (Conditions of participation in Nursing Services Program). [2001 c.599 §2]
Note: See note under 442.535 (Definitions for ORS 442.540 and 442.545).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information