Use of facilities by licensed nurse practitioners
- • rules regarding admissions and privileges
(1) The rules of any hospital in this state may grant admitting privileges to nurse practitioners licensed and certified under ORS 678.375 (Nurse practitioners) for purposes of patient care, subject to hospital and medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations governing admissions and staff privileges.
(2) Rules shall be in writing and may include, but need not be limited to:
(a) Limitations on the scope of privileges;
(b) Monitoring and supervision of nurse practitioners in the hospital by physicians who are members of the medical staff;
(c) A requirement that a nurse practitioner co-admit patients with a physician who is a member of the medical staff; and
(d) Qualifications of nurse practitioners to be eligible for privileges including but not limited to requirements of prior clinical and hospital experience.
(3) The rules may also regulate the admissions and the conduct of nurse practitioners while using the facilities of the hospital and may prescribe procedures whereby a nurse practitioner’s privileges may be suspended or terminated. The hospital may refuse such privileges to nurse practitioners only upon the same basis that privileges are refused to other medical providers.
(4) For purposes of this section, "physician" has the meaning given the term in ORS 677.010 (Definitions). [1993 c.34 §1; 1995 c.763 §2]
Note: 441.064 (Use of facilities by licensed nurse practitioners) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 441 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information