- • rules
- • renewal
- • disclosure
- • transfer
- • posting
(1) Upon receipt of an application and the license fee, the Department of Human Services shall issue a license if it finds that the applicant and health care facility comply with ORS 441.015 (Licensing of facilities and health maintenance organizations) to 441.063 (Use of facilities by licensed podiatric physicians and surgeons), 441.085 (Rules establishing licensing classifications) and 441.087 (General inspection of long term care facility) and the rules of the department provided that it does not receive within the time specified a certificate of noncompliance issued by the State Fire Marshal, deputy, or approved authority pursuant to ORS 479.215 (Institution not to be licensed or certificated unless in compliance with fire safety requirements).
(2) Each license, unless sooner suspended or revoked, shall be renewable annually for the calendar year upon payment of the fee, provided that a certificate of noncompliance has not been issued by the State Fire Marshal, deputy, or approved authority pursuant to ORS 479.215 (Institution not to be licensed or certificated unless in compliance with fire safety requirements).
(3) Each license shall be issued only for the premises and persons or governmental units named in the application and shall not be transferable or assignable.
(4) Licenses shall be posted in a conspicuous place on the licensed premises as prescribed by rule of the department.
(5) No license shall be issued or renewed for any health care facility or health maintenance organization that offers or proposes to develop a new health service unless a certificate of need has first been issued therefor pursuant to ORS 442.340 (1987 Replacement Part) or approval has been granted under ORS 442.315 (Certificate of need) or section 9, chapter 1034, Oregon Laws 1989.
(6) No license shall be issued or renewed for any skilled nursing facility or intermediate care facility, as defined in ORS 442.015 (Definitions), unless the applicant has included in the application the name and such other information as may be necessary to establish the identity and financial interests of any person who has incidents of ownership in the facility representing an interest of 10 percent or more thereof. If the person having such interest is a corporation, the name of any stockholder holding stock representing an interest in the facility of 10 percent or more shall also be included in the application. If the person having such interest is any other entity, the name of any member thereof having incidents of ownership representing an interest of 10 percent or more in the facility shall also be included in the application.
(7) A license may be denied to any applicant for a license or renewal thereof or any stockholder of any such applicant who has incidents of ownership in the facility representing an interest of 10 percent or more thereof, or an interest of 10 percent or more of a lease agreement for the facility, if during the five years prior to the application the applicant or any stockholder of the applicant had an interest of 10 percent or more in the facility or of a lease for the facility and has divested that interest after receiving written notice from the department of intention to suspend or revoke the license or to decertify the home from eligibility to receive payments for services provided under this section.
(8) No license shall be issued or renewed for any long term care facility, as defined in ORS 442.015 (Definitions), unless the applicant has included in the application the identity of any person who has incident of ownership in the facility who also has a financial interest in any pharmacy, as defined in ORS 689.005 (Definitions). [Amended by 1957 c.697 §2; 1961 c.316 §6; 1967 c.89 §3; 1971 c.730 §7; 1973 c.38 §1; 1973 c.840 §7; 1977 c.261 §3; 1977 c.751 §21; 1979 c.336 §1; 1983 c.740 §156; 1985 c.747 §20; 1987 c.428 §5; 1989 c.1034 §4; 2001 c.900 §163]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information