Authority to issue bonds
(1) For the purpose of carrying into effect the powers granted by ORS 440.315 (Definitions for ORS 440.315 to 440.410) to 440.410 (Annual audit), a health district, when authorized at any properly called election held for that purpose, may borrow money and sell and dispose of general obligation bonds.
(2) If prior to April 1, 1983, a health district had outstanding indebtedness incurred pursuant to ORS 440.360 (Powers of health districts) (1)(k) (1997 Edition), a health district may issue general obligation bonds pursuant to this section in an amount not to exceed the unpaid principal of and interest on such indebtedness plus costs incidental to the bonds to be sold.
(3) The general obligation bonds outstanding at one time shall never exceed in the aggregate two and one-half percent of the real market value of all taxable property within the district, computed in accordance with ORS 308.207 (Computation of real market value for taxing or bonding limitations).
(4) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (3) of this section, if the district has within its limits a population of 300 or over, it shall be permitted to have bonds outstanding in an amount which shall not exceed in the aggregate 10 percent of the real market value.
(5) The bonds shall be issued from time to time by the district board in behalf of the health district as authorized by its electors. [Formerly 441.335; 1983 c.191 §1; 1991 c.459 §399; 1997 c.857 §2; 1999 c.630 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information