Number of directors
- • terms
- • effect of absence
- • district employee not eligible to serve on board
(1) The board of directors of a district, by resolution offered and adopted at any regular meeting of the board, may increase the number of directors from five to no more than 15.
(2) If the number of directors is increased by action of the board, the board shall not fill by appointment any newly created position on the board, but shall provide for the election at the next regular district election of a sufficient number of additional directors to fill the newly created positions on the board.
(3) The term of office of each director elected under subsection (2) of this section shall begin July 1 following the next regular district election.
(4) The directors who are elected under subsection (2) of this section shall determine by lot the length of term each shall hold office. The terms of not more than one-half of the directors who are appointed or elected shall expire June 30 next following the first regular district election after the appointment or election. The terms of the remainder shall expire June 30 next following the second regular district election after the appointment or election.
(5) The term of a director shall expire when the director is absent from four or more consecutive regular meetings of the board and the board declares the position vacant. The vacancy shall be filled as provided by ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on boards of certain districts) (1) and (2).
(6) An individual who is an employee of a health district is not eligible to serve as a director of the health district by which the individual is employed. [Formerly 441.285; 1979 c.520 §3; 1981 c.508 §1; 1983 c.350 §258; 1983 c.699 §1a; 1989 c.478 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information