Oregon Public Health Advisory Board
- • members
- • terms
- • meetings
- • compensation
- • duties
(1) There is established the Oregon Public Health Advisory Board to serve as an advisory body to the Director of Human Services.
(2) The members of the board shall be residents of this state and shall be appointed by the Governor. The board shall consist of 15 members at least one-half of whom shall be public members broadly representing the state as a whole and the others to include representatives of local government and public and private health providers.
(3) The Oregon Public Health Advisory Board shall:
(a) Advise the director on policy matters related to the operation of the Department of Human Services.
(b) Provide a review of statewide public health issues and make recommendations to the director.
(c) Participate in public health policy development.
(4) Members shall be appointed for four-year terms. No person shall serve more than two consecutive terms.
(5) The board shall meet at least quarterly.
(6) Members of the board shall be entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(7) Vacancies on the board shall be filled by appointments of the Governor for the unexpired term. [1983 c.653 §1; 2001 c.900 §147; 2003 c.784 §10; 2005 c.771 §3]
Note: 431.195 (Oregon Public Health Advisory Board) was enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but was not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 431 or any series therein by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION; SURPLUS PROPERTY; FEDERAL AID
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.