- • rules
(1) The Director of the Department of Corrections shall establish by rule a short-term transitional leave program. The program shall provide inmates with an opportunity to secure appropriate transitional support when necessary for successful reintegration into the community prior to the inmate’s discharge to post-prison supervision.
(2) An inmate may submit a transition plan to the Department of Corrections. The plan shall indicate that the inmate has secured an employment, educational or other transitional opportunity in the community to which the offender will be released and that a leave of up to 30 days is an essential part of the offender’s successful reintegration into the community.
(3) Upon verification of the inmate’s transition plan, the department may grant a transitional leave no more than 30 days prior to the inmate’s discharge date.
(4) No inmate shall be eligible for transitional leave before having served six months of prison incarceration.
(5) The department shall establish by rule a set of release conditions for offenders released on transitional leave status. An offender on transitional leave status shall be subject to immediate return to prison for any violation of the conditions of release.
(6) The provisions of this section do not apply to inmates whose sentences were imposed under ORS 137.635 (Determinate sentences required for certain felony convictions). [1989 c.790 §63]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information