As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Corrections.
(2) "Department of Corrections institutions" means those Department of Corrections facilities used for the incarceration of persons sentenced to the custody of the Department of Corrections, and includes the satellites, camps or branches of those facilities.
(3) "Director" means the Director of the Department of Corrections.
(4) "Discharge" means any lawful release from a state correctional institution pursuant to the expiration of a judicial sentence or other incarcerative sanction.
(5) "Release authority" means an entity having authority to grant release in a particular case. [Amended by 1959 c.687 §6; 1965 c.616 §47; 1969 c.502 §8; 1971 c.212 §1; 1983 c.505 §7; 1987 c.320 §7; 1989 c.790 §55]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information