As used in ORS 420.005 (Definitions) to 420.048 (Notice required when youth offender transfers to new school district), 420.060 (Employment agreements) to 420.235 (Return of rule violator or bad security risk to more secure youth correction facility), 420.810 (Placement of youths in foster homes) to 420.840 (Cooperation of superintendents with other child welfare agencies) and 420.905 (Definitions for ORS 420.905 to 420.915) to 420.915 (Procedure upon apprehension of escapee, absentee or parole violator), unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Design capacity" means the number of youth offenders or other persons a youth correction facility is able to hold based on applicable safety codes and standards.
(2) "Director" means the Director of the Oregon Youth Authority.
(3) "Youth authority" means the Oregon Youth Authority.
(4) "Youth correction facility" means a facility used for the confinement of youth offenders and other persons placed in the legal or physical custody of the youth authority and includes secure regional youth facilities, regional accountability camps, residential academies and satellites, camps and branches of those facilities.
(5) "Youth offender" has the meaning given that term in ORS 419A.004 (Definitions). [1965 c.616 §29; 1969 c.597 §128; 1971 c.401 §96; 1985 c.229 §1; 1995 c.422 §88; 1999 c.109 §4; 2001 c.295 §13; 2003 c.396 §139]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.