2007 ORS § 419C.250¹
Who may file petition
  • form

(1) The state, acting through the district attorney, Attorney General or, when authorized by the district attorney, the juvenile department counselor, may file a petition alleging that a youth is within the jurisdiction of the court as provided in ORS 419C.005 (Jurisdiction).

(2) At any time after a petition is filed, the court may make an order providing for the temporary custody of the youth.

(3) The petition and all subsequent court documents in the proceeding shall be entitled, "In the Matter of ________, a youth." The petition shall be in writing and verified upon the information and belief of the petitioner. [1993 c.546 §70 (enacted in lieu of 1993 c.33 §195); 1995 c.422 §77; 1999 c.59 §120]