Advisory Council on Child Abuse Assessment
- • membership
- • officers
- • meetings
- • quorum
(1) There is created the Advisory Council on Child Abuse Assessment, consisting of at least nine members appointed by the Attorney General. The Attorney General shall serve as an ex officio member of the council. The council shall direct the administrator of the Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Intervention Program on the administration of funds to establish and maintain regional assessment centers or community assessment centers under ORS 418.746 (Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Intervention Account) to 418.796 (Authority of council to solicit and accept contributions).
(2) Of the members appointed to the council:
(a) One member shall be an employee of the Department of Human Services with duties related to child protective services;
(b) One member shall be a physician licensed to practice medicine in Oregon who specializes in children and families;
(c) One member shall be a person having experience dealing with child abuse;
(d) One member shall be a district attorney or the designee of a district attorney;
(e) One member shall be an employee of a law enforcement agency, in addition to the member who is a district attorney or the designee of a district attorney;
(f) One member shall be from an operating regional assessment center; and
(g) At least three members shall be citizens with appropriate interest in advocating for the medical interest of abused children.
(3) Members of the council who are not state employees:
(a) Are not entitled to compensation; and
(b) Are entitled to reimbursement for actual and necessary travel expenses incurred by them in the performance of their official duties as members of the council if there are sufficient funds available in the Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Intervention Account established in ORS 418.746 (Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Intervention Account).
(4) Members of the council who are state employees carrying out their state employment functions are entitled to compensation and reimbursement by their employing agencies for actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred by them in the performance of their official duties as members of the council.
(5) The council shall elect one of its members to serve as chairperson, for such terms and with such duties and powers as the council determines.
(6) The council shall meet at least four times per year at a place, day and hour determined by the council.
(7) A majority of the members of the council constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business. [1991 c.898 §3; 1993 c.33 §332; 1997 c.872 §34; 1999 c.59 §115; 2001 c.624 §7; 2003 c.354 §3; 2005 c.562 §25]
Note: See note under 418.746 (Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Intervention Account).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information