Supervision of foster homes
- • foster parent training
- • rules
- • law enforcement officer training
(1) The Department of Human Services shall adopt such rules, not inconsistent with ORS 418.625 (Definitions for ORS 418.625 to 418.645) to 418.645 (Appeal from decision of department), as it deems necessary or advisable to protect the best interests of children in foster homes and to carry out the intent and purpose of ORS 418.625 (Definitions for ORS 418.625 to 418.645) to 418.645 (Appeal from decision of department).
(2) The department shall adopt rules assuring that all foster parents receive training designed to assist the foster parent in both understanding the mental and emotional problems that occur in child victims of abuse and neglect, including sexual abuse and rape of a child, as defined in ORS 419B.005 (Definitions), and in managing the behavior that may result from such problems. The training shall be provided in accordance with rules adopted by the department.
(3) The Board on Public Safety Standards and Training shall develop a training program for law enforcement officers investigating child abuse cases and interviewing child abuse victims. The curriculum shall address the area of training and education necessary to facilitate the skills necessary to investigate reports of child abuse. The curriculum shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) Assessment of risk to child;
(b) Dynamics of child abuse; and
(c) Legally sound and age appropriate interview and investigatory techniques.
(4) The department or duly authorized representative shall visit every certified foster home from time to time and as often as appears necessary to determine that such foster home consistently maintains the standards fixed by the department and that proper care is being given to the children therein. [Formerly 419.408; 1971 c.401 §46; 1989 c.998 §1; 1993 c.622 §§4,4a; 2005 c.22 §291]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information