Outdoor Youth Program Advisory Board
- • duties
- • membership
- • staff
(1) There is established the Outdoor Youth Program Advisory Board for the purpose of providing advice to the Department of Human Services on licensing outdoor youth programs as child-caring agencies. The department shall consult with the board on the licensure of outdoor youth programs as child-caring agencies prior to the adoption of rules and on a regular basis.
(2) The board shall provide advice to the department in the following areas:
(a) Policies adopted by the department regarding outdoor youth programs;
(b) Requirements for treatment programs provided by outdoor youth programs;
(c) Requirements for behavior management by outdoor youth programs;
(d) Requirements for health and safety; and
(e) Any other requirements the department imposes on outdoor youth programs.
(3) The board shall be appointed by the Governor and consist of:
(a) Three members who are providers of outdoor youth programs or employed by outdoor youth programs;
(b) Two members of the general public; and
(c) One member from an agency that regulates public lands.
(4) The term of office of each member is four years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a member, the Governor shall appoint a successor. A member is eligible for reappointment. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(5) The appointment of a member of the board is subject to confirmation by the Senate in the manner prescribed in ORS 171.562 (Procedures for confirmation) and 171.565 (Vote required for confirmation).
(6) A member of the board is entitled to expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions) (2).
(7) The department shall provide the board with the necessary clerical and support staff to assist the board in carrying out the responsibilities of the board. [2001 c.809 §3]
Note: 418.243 (Outdoor Youth Program Advisory Board) to 418.246 (Bond for outdoor youth program licensure) were added to and made a part of 418.205 (Definitions for ORS 418.205 to 418.310 and 418.992 to 418.998) to 418.310 (Application of statutes to institutions caring for adults and children) by legislative action but were not added to any other series. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.