Agreements for custody, care or treatment
- • rules
(1) The Director of Human Services or the authorized representative of the director may enter into agreements with persons, families or child caring agencies found suitable for the placement of children in the legal custody of the Department of Human Services. If, in the judgment of the director or the authorized representative of the director, a child needs placement services after reaching 18 years of age, such services must be approved by the director or authorized representative.
(2) The agreement shall provide for such services as the child might require, such as the custody, care or treatment of the child for a time fixed in the agreement but not to exceed the time when the child reaches 21 years of age.
(3) The agreement shall be signed by the person or authorized representative of the agency providing the care or treatment and by the director or the authorized representative of the director.
(4) If the agreement provides for payments to the agency providing such services as the child may require, the department shall make these payments.
(5) The department shall adopt rules specifying criteria upon which the director shall base the judgment that a child needs placement services after reaching 18 years of age. [1987 c.157 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information