Statement of purpose
Subject to the availability of funds therefor and the specific provisions of ORS 417.705 (Definitions for ORS 417.705 to 417.801) to 417.801 (Local commissions) and 419A.170 (Appointment), it is the purpose of ORS 417.705 (Definitions for ORS 417.705 to 417.801) to 417.801 (Local commissions) and 419A.170 (Appointment) to:
(1) Authorize the State Commission on Children and Families to set statewide guidelines for the planning, coordination and delivery of services for children and families in conjunction with other state agencies and other planning bodies;
(2) Vest in local commissions on children and families the authority to distribute state and federal funds allocated to the local commissions to supervise services or to purchase services for children and families in the local area and to supervise the development of the local coordinated comprehensive plan;
(3) Provide a process for comprehensive local planning for services for children and families to provide local services that are consistent with statewide guidelines;
(4) Retain in the state the responsibility for funding of services for children and families through a combination of local, state and federal funding, including the leveraging of public and private funds available under ORS 417.705 (Definitions for ORS 417.705 to 417.801) to 417.801 (Local commissions) and 419A.170 (Appointment); and
(5) Retain state supervision of child protection and other services that should be uniform throughout the state and that are necessarily the state’s responsibility. [1993 c.676 §1; 1999 c.1053 §4; 2003 c.553 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.