- • duties and powers
- • appointment by district board
- • terms and qualifications of members
(1) A district board shall appoint an advisory committee to advise and assist the board in carrying out the purposes of ORS 401.818 (Definitions for ORS 401.818 to 401.857) to 401.857 (Advisory committee). An advisory committee shall consist of one representative from each public or private safety agency included within the district. A member of the advisory committee shall reside within the district.
(2) A member of an advisory committee shall serve for a term of two years. Of the members first appointed, however, one-half of the members shall serve for a term of one year. The respective terms of the members shall be determined by lot at the first meeting of the advisory committee.
(3) The advisory committee shall meet not less than four times a year to review the policies and practices of the district board. The advisory committee shall also meet on the call of the district board. The advisory committee may adopt rules for the conduct of its proceedings.
(4) The advisory committee may propose changes to any of the board’s rules, policies or practices as it deems necessary or desirable. In addition to its other functions and duties, the advisory committee shall review the annual budget of the district. The advisory committee shall meet with the district board and may make such recommendations relating to the budget as the committee considers necessary or prudent. [Formerly 401.837]
Note: See note under 401.818 (Definitions for ORS 401.818 to 401.857).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information