Election of district directors
- • terms
- • oath
- • qualifications
- • vacancies
(1) Except as provided in subsection (2) of this section, the term of director is four years.
(2) The three directors elected as the first district board shall determine by lot the length of term each shall hold. The term of one director shall expire June 30 next following the first regular district election and the terms of two directors shall expire June 30 next following the second regular district election.
(3) Within 10 days after receiving certificates of election, the directors shall take and file their official oath which shall be filed in the office of the directors.
(4) A director shall be an elector of the district and shall have resided within the proposed district for more than 30 days immediately prior to the date of the election.
(5) The board of directors shall fill any vacancy on the board by appointment as provided in ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on boards of certain districts). [Amended by 1969 c.669 §6; 1971 c.647 §73; 1971 c.727 §§106,194; 1973 c.796 §60; 1975 c.647 §33; 1983 c.350 §244]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.