2007 ORS 371.075¹
Petition for road improvement or grade change
  • investigation and report
  • granting petition

Upon the petition of 12 or a majority of the resident freeholders of any road district, approved by the roadmaster, praying for a change in grade or other extensive improvements to a public road as defined in ORS 368.001 (Definitions), the county court shall instruct the county surveyor, engineer or roadmaster to proceed as soon as convenient to the place named in the petition and make such investigations, surveys or estimates as the county court requires and report the same in writing to the county court, setting forth all material matters necessary to fully advise the county court. If the county court determines in favor of such improvement, it shall grant the petition and proceed to make the change in grade or improvements. [Amended by 1981 c.153 §72]

1 Legislative Counsel Committee, CHAPTER 371—Road Districts and Road Assessment Plans, https://­www.­oregonlegislature.­gov/­bills_laws/­ors/­371.­html (2007) (last ac­cessed Feb. 12, 2009).
2 OregonLaws.org contains the con­tents of Volume 21 of the ORS, inserted along­side the per­tin­ent statutes. See the preface to the ORS An­no­ta­tions for more information.
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.