As used in this chapter:
(1) "County road" means a public road under the jurisdiction of a county that has been designated as a county road under ORS 368.016 (County authority over roads).
(2) "County road official" means the roadmaster, engineer, road supervisor, public works director or other administrative officer designated by the county governing body as being responsible for administration of the road activities of the county.
(3) "Local access road" means a public road that is not a county road, state highway or federal road.
(4) "Owner" means a vendee under a recorded land sale contract or, if there is no recorded land sale contract, the holder of the record title of land if the vendee or holder has a present interest equal to or greater than a life estate.
(5) "Public road" means a road over which the public has a right of use that is a matter of public record.
(6) "Road" means the entire right of way of any public or private way that provides ingress to or egress from property by means of vehicles or other means or that provides travel between places by means of vehicles. "Road" includes, but is not limited to:
(a) Ways described as streets, highways, throughways or alleys;
(b) Road related structures that are in the right of way such as tunnels, culverts or similar structures; and
(c) Structures that provide for continuity of the right of way such as bridges. [1981 c.153 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information