Powers of district
A translator district shall have full power to carry out the objectives of its formation and to that end may:
(1) Acquire by purchase, devise or gift or voluntary grant real and personal property or any interest therein including any rights of way or easements necessary or convenient for its purposes.
(2) Sue and be sued in its own name.
(3) Build, construct, improve, operate and maintain, subject to other applicable provisions of law, any translators necessary for the transmission of signals intended to be received by the general public.
(4) Perform all acts necessary to insure an efficient and equitable distribution of television programming within the district subject to the availability of funds in the approved budget.
(5) Make contracts of any lawful nature, employ personnel, including any technical or professional consultants necessary to carry out the provisions of ORS 354.605 (Definitions for ORS 354.605 to 354.715) to 354.715 (Dissolution, liquidation and transfer proceedings).
(6) Apply for, accept and hold any licenses or permits required under federal or state law. [1975 c.286 §7; 1979 c.108 §13]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information