- • membership
- • quorum
- • term
- • expenses
(1) The district board shall consist of five members, each of whom shall be an elector of the district. The terms of office for the district board members first elected shall be determined by lot. The terms of two shall expire June 30 next following the first regular district election and the terms of three shall expire June 30 next following the second regular district election.
(2) As soon as possible after the election and the taking of the oath of office by the members, an organizational meeting shall be held and officers selected. A majority of the members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(3) Except as provided in subsection (1) of this section, the term of office of each district board member is four years.
(4) The members of the district board shall serve without compensation, but shall be entitled to receive actual and necessary travel and other expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
(5) The district board shall fill any vacancy on the board in the manner provided in ORS 198.320 (Filling of vacancies on boards of certain districts). [1975 c.286 §5; 1979 c.108 §12; 1983 c.83 §78; 1983 c.350 §214]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.