Definitions for ORS 35.500 to 35.530
(1) "Displaced person" means any person who moves, or is required to move the person’s residence and personal property incident thereto, or the person’s business or farm operation as a result of:
(a) Acquisition of the real property, in whole or in part, by a public entity; or
(b) Receipt of a written order by such person from a public entity to vacate the property for public use.
(2) "Federal Act" means the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (P.L. 91-646, 42 U.S.C. 4601 et seq.) as in effect on January 1, 2003.
(3) "Public entity" includes the state, a county, a city, a consolidated city-county as defined in ORS 199.705 (Definitions for ORS 199.705 to 199.795) (1), a district, public authority, public agency and any other political subdivision or public corporation in the state when acquiring real property or any interest therein for public use. "Public entity" also includes a private corporation that has the power to exercise the right of eminent domain.
(4) "Public use" means a use for which real property may be acquired by a public entity as provided by law.
(5) "Real property" or any interest therein includes tenements and hereditaments, and includes every interest, freehold and chattel, legal and equitable, present and future, vested and contingent, in such tenements and hereditaments. [Formerly 281.045]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.