Oregon 529 College Savings Board
- • membership
(1) There is established the Oregon 529 College Savings Board to administer ORS 348.841 (Definitions for ORS 348.841 to 348.873) to 348.873 (Report to Governor and Legislative Assembly).
(2) The board shall consist of:
(a) The State Treasurer, who shall serve as the board chairperson;
(b) A member of the State Board of Higher Education, to be selected by the State Board of Higher Education;
(c) A representative of accredited private colleges and universities located in this state, who shall be appointed by the State Treasurer; and
(d) Two public members, who by reason of their education and experience are qualified to serve, and who shall be appointed by the State Treasurer.
(3)(a) The board member who is a member of the State Board of Higher Education shall serve at the pleasure of the State Board of Higher Education but may not serve on the board following the end of the member’s term on the State Board of Higher Education.
(b) The representative of private colleges and universities and the public members of the board shall serve at the pleasure of the State Treasurer for a term of office of three years. These members of the board may be reappointed to subsequent terms.
(4) The State Treasurer and the Department of Higher Education shall provide staff and assistance to the board in the administration of the Oregon 529 College Savings Network as directed by the board.
(5) A member of the board is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(6) A majority of the members of the board constitutes a quorum for the transaction of business. [1999 c.746 §3; 2003 c.280 §8]
Note: See note under 348.841 (Definitions for ORS 348.841 to 348.873).
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.