Voucher amount limited
- • Oregon Student Assistance Commission duties
- • vouchers not personal income
- • rules
(1) In addition to any other student assistance provided by the law, the Oregon Student Assistance Commission shall award vouchers to eligible students participating in the program.
(2) The total of all vouchers earned by a student under this section in one term shall not exceed an amount equal to the average tuition and associated fees charged annually to full-time resident undergraduate students by institutions under the jurisdiction of the State Board of Higher Education.
(3) Vouchers shall be provided in $35 denominations for each eight hours of eligible community service.
(4) The commission shall:
(a) Determine and approve which community service organizations and services within the programs of such organizations are eligible for participation in the program.
(c) Provide payment for vouchers presented by the program students at eligible institutions.
(5) Funds received in redemption of the vouchers granted pursuant to ORS 348.427 (Voucher program established) to 348.436 (Community Service Voucher Fund) shall not be considered personal income for the purposes of ORS 316.037 (Imposition and rate of tax).
(6) The vouchers authorized by ORS 348.427 (Voucher program established) to 348.436 (Community Service Voucher Fund) shall first become available when funds are available therefor from sources other than the General Fund, as determined by the commission. [1993 c.765 §41]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information