Definitions for ORS 346.680 to 346.690
(1) "Assistance animal" means any animal trained to assist a person with a physical impairment in one or more daily life activities, including but not limited to:
(a) Dog guides, as defined in ORS 346.610 (Definitions for ORS 346.610 to 346.630);
(b) Hearing ear dogs, as defined in ORS 346.640 (Definitions for ORS 346.640 to 346.660);
(c) An animal trained to pull a wheelchair;
(d) An animal trained to fetch dropped items; and
(e) An animal trained to perform balance work.
(2) "Assistance animal trainee" means any animal undergoing training to assist a person with a physical impairment.
(3) "Daily life activity" includes but is not limited to:
(c) Communication; or
(4) "Mode of transportation" means any mode of transportation operating within this state.
(5) "Person with a physical impairment" means any person who has a permanent physical impairment, whose physical impairment limits one or more of daily life activities and who has a record of impairment and is regarded by health care practitioners as having such an impairment, requiring the use of an assistance animal including but not limited to blindness, deafness and complete or partial paralysis.
(6) "Public accommodation" means a place of public accommodation as defined in ORS 659A.400 (Place of public accommodation defined) including but not limited to educational institutions, airlines and restaurants. The exception stated in ORS 659A.400 (Place of public accommodation defined) (2) is not an exception under ORS 90.390 (Discrimination against tenant or applicant) and 346.680 (Definitions for ORS 346.680 to 346.690) to 346.690 (Prohibition against discrimination in renting housing because of assistance animal). [1989 c.336 §1; 1993 c.369 §37; 1995 c.79 §189; 2007 c.70 §142]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information