Career schools to be licensed
- • requirements
- • license nontransferable
- • display of license
(1) No person shall open, conduct or do business as a career school in this state without obtaining a license under ORS 345.010 (Definitions for ORS 345.010 to 345.450 and 345.992 to 345.997) to 345.450 (Annual inspection fee).
(2) A license to conduct a career school shall be granted only after the applicant has presented proof satisfactory to the Superintendent of Public Instruction or the representative thereof that the applicant complies with applicable standards adopted under ORS 345.325 (Minimum standards). ORS 670.280 (Denial, suspension or revocation of license based on criminal conviction) applies to individuals who hold positions of authority or control in the operation of the school and to its faculty members and agents.
(3) A career school licensed in any other state must be licensed in this state before establishing a physical presence in this state such as offices or agents, or both, for the purpose of solicitation of students.
(4) The school license is nontransferable. The licensee must give 30 days prior notification to the Department of Education when transferring ownership.
(5) Each career school shall display its license in a prominent place.
(6) No career school shall be issued a license or have its license renewed until the applicant furnishes the superintendent a financial statement, certified true and accurate and signed by the owner of the school.
(7) No career school shall be issued a license or have its license renewed until the applicant provides proof of compliance with the tuition protection policy established by the State Board of Education pursuant to ORS 345.110 (Tuition Protection Fund). [Amended by 1961 c.268 §4; paragraph (b) of subsection (2) and subsection (3) formerly 345.050; 1975 c.478 §5; 1989 c.333 §4; 1993 c.45 §262; 1995 c.343 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information