Application of ORS 345.010 to 345.450
(1) Instruction or training solely avocational or recreational in nature or to institutions offering such education exclusively.
(2) Schools that the Superintendent of Public Instruction determines are adequately regulated by other means, including but not limited to accreditation by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
(3) Instruction or training sponsored or offered by a bona fide trade, business, professional or fraternal organization or by a business solely for the organization’s membership or the business’s employees.
(4) Instruction or training sponsored, offered or contracted by organizations, institutions or agencies, if the instruction or training is advertised or promoted to be in the nature of professional self-improvement but is not advertised or promoted as leading to or fulfilling the requirements for licensing, certification, accreditation or education credentials.
(5) Any school approved by the Oregon Student Assistance Commission to confer or offer to confer academic degrees under ORS 348.606 (Conferring or offering of degree before approval obtained prohibited) or any school described in ORS 348.597 (Applicability of ORS 348.594 to 348.615).
(6) Schools offering only review instruction to prepare a student to take an examination to enter a profession, where the student has completed prior training related to that profession.
(7) Courses offered in hospitals which meet standards prescribed by the American Medical Association or national accrediting associations for nursing.
(8) Schools offering only courses of an advanced training or continuing educational nature when offered solely to licensed practitioners and people previously qualified or employed in a related profession.
(9) Any parochial or denominational institution providing instruction or training relating solely to religion and which does not grant degrees. [Amended by 1961 c.268 §2; 1965 c.529 §13; 1975 c.478 §3; 1979 c.148 §1; 1979 c.387 §2; 1989 c.333 §2; 1993 c.45 §261; 1995 c.343 §2; 1997 c.652 §32; 2005 c.546 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information