Individualized education program
- • contents
- • procedures
- • review
- • revision
- • rules
- • standard forms
- • alternate forms
(1) School districts shall ensure that an individualized education program is developed, reviewed and revised for each child with a disability, as defined in ORS 343.035 (Definitions), pursuant to the rules of the State Board of Education.
(2) The State Board of Education shall establish by rule the contents of an individualized education program, including transition services, and the procedures for the development, review and revision of an individualized education program. The board shall also adopt by rule standard forms for use in developing an individualized education program.
(3) Each school district shall use the individualized education program forms established by rule under subsection (2) of this section in the development, review and revision of all individualized education programs.
(4) Notwithstanding subsection (3) of this section, a school district may use alternate forms in the development, review and revision of an individualized education program if the school district submits the form to the Department of Education and the department approves the use of the alternate form.
(5) In considering whether to approve an alternate form under subsection (4) of this section, the department shall consider whether the form meets the requirements for the contents of an individualized education program adopted under subsection (2) of this section and whether the form satisfies the intent of subsection (4) of this section to reduce unnecessary or confusing paperwork. The department shall approve or disapprove an alternate form submitted under subsection (4) of this section within 10 days of receiving the alternate form. [1999 c.639 §4; 2005 c.662 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information