Board of directors
(1) The Center for School Safety shall be governed by a board of directors. The board of directors shall consist of:
(a) The Superintendent of Public Instruction or a designee of the superintendent;
(b) The Director of the Oregon Youth Authority or a designee of the director;
(c) The Attorney General or a designee of the Attorney General;
(d) The Superintendent of State Police or a designee of the superintendent;
(e) The Director of Human Services or a designee of the director;
(f) Nine members appointed by the Governor, as follows:
(A) One member representing the Oregon School Boards Association;
(B) One member representing the Confederation of Oregon School Administrators;
(C) One member representing the Oregon Education Association;
(D) One member representing the Oregon School Employees Association;
(E) One member representing the Oregon State Sheriffs’ Association;
(F) One member representing the Oregon Association Chiefs of Police;
(G) One member representing the Oregon District Attorneys Association;
(H) One member representing the National Resource Center for Safe Schools on the Northwest Regional Educational Laboratory; and
(I) One member representing the Oregon School Safety Officers Association; and
(g) Other members that the board may appoint.
(2) When making appointments to the board of directors, the Governor shall solicit recommendations from professional organizations that represent school employees, school district boards, school administrators and other education providers.
(3) The term of office of each board member appointed by the Governor is two years, but a member serves at the pleasure of the Governor. Before the expiration of the term of a board member, the Governor shall appoint a successor. A board member is eligible for reappointment but shall not serve for more than two consecutive terms. If there is a vacancy for any cause, the Governor shall make an appointment to become immediately effective for the unexpired term.
(4) A member of the board of directors is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions).
(5) The board of directors shall meet a minimum of four times per year.
(6) The board of directors shall annually elect a chairperson and vice chairperson from the membership. The board of directors may form committees as needed. [2001 c.618 §2; 2003 c.791 §29]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.