Entrepreneurial services and facilities
(1) An education service district may provide entrepreneurial services and facilities to public and private entities and to school districts that are not component school districts of the education service district if:
(a) The services are part of the local service plan developed pursuant to ORS 334.175 (Core services);
(b) The services are provided pursuant to a business plan; and
(c) The primary purpose of the services is to address a need of component school districts.
(2) An education service district must submit entrepreneurial services and facilities to component school districts for approval to ensure that component school districts receive information about the costs and benefits of providing services and facilities, including identification of the funding sources for the services and facilities and an explanation of whether any moneys received from the State School Fund or local revenues of the education service district, as defined in ORS 327.019 (State School Fund distribution computations for education service districts), may be required to finance the services or facilities.
(3) Pupils residing in school districts that are not component school districts of an education service district but that receive entrepreneurial services or use facilities under this section may not be included in the computation of the percentage required by ORS 334.175 (Core services) (5)(b).
(4) Entrepreneurial services and facilities may be provided under contract or on a reimbursable basis. Expenditures by the education service district board for entrepreneurial services and facilities provided on a reimbursable basis under this section shall be limited to the moneys received for the purpose specified and are not subject to the Local Budget Law (ORS 294.305 (Sections constituting Local Budget Law) to 294.565 (Failure to file copy of required budget, reports or other documents)) but are subject to an annual financial report to the component school districts.
(5) Budget estimates of expenditures for entrepreneurial services and facilities provided under this section must show the estimates of moneys receivable and must be shown as offsetting revenue items. [1965 c.100 §181; 1993 c.784 §14; 1995 c.611 §14; 2005 c.828 §8]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.