Use of school buildings and grounds for civic and recreational purposes
- • fee
- • rules
(1) Subject to ORS 330.430 (Functions of local school committee), the district school board may permit the use of school buildings and grounds for civic and recreational purposes, including use for:
(a) Supervised recreational activities;
(b) Meeting places for discussion of all subjects and questions which in the judgment of the residents may relate to the educational, political, economic, artistic and moral interests of the residents, giving equal rights and privileges to all religious denominations and political parties; and
(c) Such other proper purposes as may be determined by the board.
(2) The district school board may appoint a special supervising officer to have charge of the buildings and grounds, preserve order, protect school property and do all things necessary in the capacity of a peace officer to carry out the provisions of this section.
(3) The district school board may establish a schedule of fees and collect fees pursuant to the schedule for use of school buildings and grounds and other facilities, including but not limited to gymnasium equipment, swimming pools, athletic fields and tennis courts.
(4) Expenses for light, heat, janitor services and services of the special supervising officer provided in connection with use of buildings and grounds under this section which are not covered by the fees charged under subsection (3) of this section shall be paid out of the county or special school funds of the district in the same manner that other similar services are paid.
(5) The district school board shall make rules governing the use of school buildings and grounds under this section. [1965 c.100 §144; 1983 c.350 §170; 1993 c.45 §49; 1995 c.660 §48]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information