Establishing zones for purpose of nominating directors
(1) In common school districts and union high school districts, directors may be nominated from zones by resolution of the district school board or if the question of zoning is approved by the electors of the district at the regular district election as provided in this section.
(2) The district school board:
(a) May submit the question on its own resolution; or
(b) Shall submit the question when a petition is filed as provided in this section.
(3) The requirements for preparing, circulating and filing a petition under this section are subject to ORS 332.118 (Election laws applicable) and shall be as provided for an initiative petition in ORS 255.135 (Submitting prospective petition) to 255.205 (Retention of petition materials).
(4) If the proposal to create zones in a district includes a combination of nomination of candidates from and by zones and of nomination of candidates at large, the number of candidates to be nominated in each manner shall be specified in the petition or the order of the board.
(5) A district that has been zoned under this section may abolish zones in the same manner as they were established. [Formerly 331.095; 1993 c.45 §45; 1993 c.136 §4; 1997 c.521 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information