- • election and term of chairperson
- • compensation and expenses
(1) The State Board of Education shall meet at least six times each year on dates determined by the board, and at such other times as may be designated by the chairperson agreeable to a majority of the board, or at the call of a majority of the board members.
(2) The board shall elect one of its members to serve as chairperson of the board for one year commencing July 1. In case the office of chairperson of the board is permanently vacated for any reason, the board may elect a new chairperson to serve until the June 30 next following.
(3) A member is entitled to compensation and expenses as provided in ORS 292.495 (Compensation and expenses of members of state boards and commissions). [1965 c.100 §5; 1967 c.507 §3; 1969 c.314 §21; 1971 c.656 §1; 1987 c.474 §1; 1993 c.15 §1; 1993 c.45 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information