As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Revenue.
(2) "Gas" means natural gas and casinghead gas.
(3) "Gross value" or "gross sales value" means the actual cash price prevailing for oil or gas of the kind, character and quality of the oil or gas subject to the tax imposed under this chapter at the time such oil or gas is produced, as determined by the department.
(4) "Gross production" means the total volume of oil or gas extracted from a well, including oil or gas extracted but not sold. "Gross production" does not include the extraction from a well of any oil or gas reinjected therein for storage.
(5) "Produced and saved" means extracted and sold, extracted and used or extracted and retained for later sale or use.
(6) "Oil" means petroleum, crude oil, mineral oil and casinghead gas.
(7) "Person" includes partnership, corporation, association, fiduciary, trustee and any combination of individuals.
(8) "Quarter" and "quarterly" mean calendar quarters. [1981 c.889 §1]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.