Circumstances under which notification is required
- • disqualification for failure to notify
(1) An owner of small tract forestland shall notify the county assessor:
(a) When the owner acquires, either directly or through common ownership, one or more tax lots that are contiguous to small tract forestland owned or held in common ownership by the owner;
(b) When the owner acquires, either directly or through common ownership, additional forestland that results in the owner’s owning or holding in common ownership more than 5,000 acres of Oregon forestland;
(c) When the owner sells, either directly or through common ownership, small tract forestland that results in the owner’s owning or holding in common ownership less than 10 acres of Oregon forestland; or
(d) When there is a change in use of any portion of small tract forestland to a use that is not a forestland use.
(2) The notification under subsection (1) of this section must be made in writing.
(3) The county assessor may disqualify small tract forestland if the assessor discovers an acquisition, sale or change in use described in subsection (1) of this section for which the owner did not give written notification as required under this section.
(4) The county assessor shall send a copy of any notification made under this section and received by the assessor to the Department of Revenue. [2003 c.454 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.