Common ownership minimum acreage requirements
- • specially assessed value and maximum assessed value of forestland of large landowners
(1)(a) The Department of Revenue shall identify the forestland that is held in common ownership of 5,000 acres or more as of the assessment date for each tax year.
(b) Forestland that the department has identified under paragraph (a) of this subsection that, for the previous tax year, was subject to small tract forestland assessment shall be disqualified from small tract forestland assessment and shall be subject to special assessment as provided in this section as of the first tax year the forestland is held in common ownership of 5,000 acres or more.
(c) For purposes of this subsection, "forestland" includes land that meets the definition of forestland under ORS 321.805 (Definitions for ORS 321.805 to 321.855).
(2) Forestland assessed under this section shall have a specially assessed value per acre equal to the value certified to the county assessor for the tax year under ORS 321.216 (Certified specially assessed values) for the applicable land class of the forestland.
(3) For each land class described in ORS 321.210 (Proposed specially assessed values), the forestland maximum assessed value per acre shall equal 103 percent of the forestland assessed value per acre for the preceding tax year or 100 percent of the forestland maximum assessed value per acre for the preceding tax year, whichever is greater.
(4)(a) The assessor shall compute the assessed value of forestland by multiplying the acreage of the forestland in each land class by the lesser of:
(A) The specially assessed value per acre; or
(B) The maximum assessed value per acre.
(b) If the forestland being assessed consists of different land classes, the assessed value of the forestland shall be the sum of the assessed values computed for each land class under paragraph (a) of this subsection.
(5) Notwithstanding subsection (4) of this section, the forestland shall be assessed as provided in ORS 308.232 (Property to be valued at 100 percent real market value and assessed at assessed value) if the real market value of the forestland is less than the value established under subsection (4) of this section.
(6) For purposes of this section:
(a) The department shall certify to the county assessor of a county in which forestland identified in subsection (1) of this section is located a list of the property tax accounts containing forestland so identified.
(b) Forestland shall be considered to be in common ownership if the forestland is owned by the person directly or is owned by a corporation, partnership, association or other entity in which the person owns a majority interest.
(c) Additional taxes may not be imposed as a result of a disqualification under subsection (1) of this section.
(d) The notification requirements and other procedures that the county assessor must follow in disqualifying forestland do not apply to a disqualification occurring under subsection (1) of this section.
(e) The department shall notify the county assessor of forestland identified under subsection (1)(a) of this section that is located in that county. [1999 c.1078 §§2,7; 2001 c.860 §2; 2003 c.454 §67]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.