Levy of additional privilege tax
- • distribution to Oregon Forest Resources Institute Fund
(1) In addition to the taxes levied under ORS 321.015 (Levy of privilege tax upon harvest of timber for forest research, fire suppression and administering Oregon Forest Practices Act) (1) to (3), there hereby is levied a privilege tax upon taxpayers on the harvesting of all merchantable forest products harvested on forestlands in the amount provided in subsection (2) of this section.
(2) The rate of tax levied in subsection (1) of this section shall be established annually at the beginning of each calendar year by the board of directors of the institute, at a rate not to exceed 75 cents per thousand feet, board measure, on all merchantable forest products harvested on forestlands. The maximum tax rate prescribed by this subsection may be increased by the board of directors in an amount equal to the previous year’s increase in the Consumer Price Index (Portland area -- all items) as published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the United States Department of Labor for the Portland, Oregon, area.
(3) The tax shall be measured by and be applicable to each per thousand feet, board measure, and such shall be subject to and determined by the procedures and provisions of ORS 321.015 (Levy of privilege tax upon harvest of timber for forest research, fire suppression and administering Oregon Forest Practices Act) (4) and (5).
(4) The tax levied by subsection (1) of this section shall be due and payable to the Department of Revenue in the manner and procedure, including penalties and interest, as set forth for the collection of the privilege tax in ORS 321.005 (Definitions for ORS 321.005 to 321.185, 321.560 to 321.600 and 477.440 to 477.460) to 321.185 (Forest Research and Experiment Account).
(5) The revenue from the tax levied by subsection (1) of this section shall be remitted to the State Treasurer who shall deposit it in a suspense account established under ORS 321.145 (Tax revenue credited to suspense account) (1). After payment of refunds, which shall be paid in the same manner as other forest products harvest tax refunds are paid in ORS 321.145 (Tax revenue credited to suspense account) (2), the balance of the additional tax imposed under subsection (1) of this section shall be deposited in the Oregon Forest Resources Institute Fund. [1991 c.949 §22; 1993 c.653 §4; 1999 c.968 §§2,2a; 2001 c.872 §2; 2003 c.769 §2]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.