- • depreciation and basis provisions
- • confidentiality of returns
- • calendar year filing of returns required
(1) ORS 317.356 (Basis on disposition of asset), relating to depreciation and basis, shall be applicable to every insurer.
(2) Notwithstanding ORS 314.835 (Divulging particulars of returns and reports prohibited) or 314.840 (Disclosure of information) or any other law concerning confidentiality of tax returns, the Department of Consumer and Business Services and the Department of Revenue may disclose to each other returns and all other information necessary to carry out ORS 731.854 (Retaliatory tax) and 731.859 (Applicability of retaliatory provisions) and otherwise to administer the corporate excise tax imposed by this chapter on insurers.
(3) Notwithstanding ORS 314.085 (Taxable year) or other law, for purposes of this chapter, each of the following insurers shall file a return on a calendar year basis:
(a) A foreign or alien insurer; or
(b) A domestic insurer organized after January 1, 1971, the ownership or control of which is exercised, directly or indirectly, by a foreign insurer or other foreign corporation owning or controlling directly or indirectly, a foreign insurer. [Formerly 317.078; 1995 c.556 §52; 1995 c.786 §15; 2005 c.185 §7]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information