Limitation on use of preacquisition losses to offset built-in gain
(1) Preacquisition losses, as described under section 384 of the Internal Revenue Code, to the extent allocated or apportioned to Oregon, with the additions, subtractions, modifications and other adjustments required for purposes of this chapter, shall not be considered in determining the taxable income or loss under ORS 317.010 (Definitions).
(2) If any preacquisition loss, as described in subsection (1) of this section, may not offset a recognized built-in gain by reason of section 384 of the Internal Revenue Code, such gain shall not be taken into account in determining under ORS 317.476 (Net losses of prior years) the amount of such loss which may be carried to other taxable years.
(3) In any case in which a preacquisition loss, as described in subsection (1) of this section, for any taxable year is subject to limitation under subsection (1) of this section and a taxable loss from such taxable year is not subject to such limitation, taxable income shall be treated as having been offset first by the loss subject to such limitation.
(4) The definitions contained in section 384(c) of the Internal Revenue Code shall apply for purposes of this section, except that where appropriate, gain, loss and items of income shall be determined as allocated or apportioned to Oregon and with the additions, subtractions, modifications and other adjustments contained in this chapter.
(5) Section 384(b) and (c)(5) and (6) of the Internal Revenue Code shall be applied for purposes of this section in a manner consistent with ORS 317.705 (Definitions) to 317.715 (Tax return of corporation in affiliated group making consolidated federal return), 317.720 (Computation of taxable income) and 317.725 (Adjustments to prevent double taxation or deduction). [Formerly 317.377; 2007 c.323 §2]
Note: Section 3, chapter 323, Oregon Laws 2007, provides:
Sec. 3. The amendments to ORS 317.705 (Definitions) and 317.479 (Limitation on use of preacquisition losses to offset built-in gain) by sections 1 and 2 of this 2007 Act apply to tax years beginning on or after January 1, 2007. [2007 c.323 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.