Credit for the elderly or permanently and totally disabled
(1) A resident individual shall be allowed a credit against the tax otherwise due under this chapter in an amount equal to 40 percent of the credit for the elderly or the permanently and totally disabled allowable pursuant to section 22 of the Internal Revenue Code, notwithstanding the limitation imposed by section 26 of the Internal Revenue Code.
(2) A nonresident individual shall be allowed the credit computed in the same manner and subject to the same limitations as the credit allowed a resident by subsection (1) of this section. However, the credit shall be prorated using the proportion provided in ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(3) If a change in the taxable year of a taxpayer occurs as described in ORS 314.085 (Taxable year), or if the Department of Revenue terminates the taxpayer’s taxable year under ORS 314.440 (Tax as debt), the credit allowed by this section shall be prorated or computed in a manner consistent with ORS 314.085 (Taxable year).
(4) If a change in the status of a taxpayer from resident to nonresident or from nonresident to resident occurs, the credit allowed by this section shall be determined in a manner consistent with ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(5) No credit shall be allowed under this section for the taxable year if the taxpayer claims the credit allowed under ORS 316.157 (Credit for retirement income). [1969 c.493 §18; 1971 c.736 §2; 1977 c.872 §4; 1979 c.691 §5; 1983 c.684 §12; 1985 c.802 §5; 1987 c.293 §14; 1987 c.545 §1; 1989 c.625 §8; 1991 c.457 §3; 1991 c.823 §2; 1993 c.726 §29; 1997 c.839 §9; 1999 c.90 §10; 2001 c.660 §37]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information