Advanced telecommunications facilities
(1) There shall be allowed a credit against the taxes otherwise due under ORS chapter 316 (or, if the taxpayer is a corporation, under ORS chapters 317 and 318) for advanced telecommunications facilities, as defined in ORS 285C.530 (Definitions for ORS 285C.530 and 285C.533), that have been certified by the Economic and Community Development Department.
(2) The amount of the credit shall equal 20 percent of the certified cost of the facilities that was actually paid or incurred by the taxpayer, except that:
(a) The amount of the credit may not include facility costs that were paid using moneys withdrawn from the taxpayer’s Telecommunications Infrastructure Account established pursuant to ORS 759.405 (Election of regulation under ORS 759.405 and 759.410); and
(b) Revenues forgone by the taxpayer upon the taxpayer’s waiver of installation charges for advanced telecommunications facilities to schools, rural health clinics or libraries may be added to the amount of the credit.
(3) The credit may be claimed by the taxpayer for the tax year in which the advanced telecommunications facilities are placed in service.
(4) The credit allowed under this section may not exceed the tax liability of the taxpayer and may not be carried forward to a succeeding tax year.
(5) In the case of a credit allowed under this section:
(a) A nonresident shall be allowed the credit under this section in the proportion provided in ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(b) If a change in the status of a taxpayer from resident to nonresident or from nonresident to resident occurs, the credit allowed by this section shall be determined in a manner consistent with ORS 316.117 (Proration between Oregon income and other income for nonresidents, part-year residents and trusts).
(c) If a change in the taxable year of a taxpayer occurs as described in ORS 314.085 (Taxable year), or if the Department of Revenue terminates the taxpayer’s taxable year under ORS 314.440 (Tax as debt), the credit allowed under this section shall be prorated or computed in a manner consistent with ORS 314.085 (Taxable year).
(6) The credit shall be claimed on a form prescribed by the Department of Revenue and containing any information as may be required by the department. The taxpayer shall attach a copy of the certification to the return for the tax year for which the credit is claimed. [2001 c.957 §15]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information