- • required returns and statements
- • pass-through entity liability
(1) A pass-through entity shall withhold tax as prescribed in this section if:
(a) The pass-through entity has distributive income from Oregon sources; and
(b) One or more owners of the entity are nonresidents and do not have other Oregon source income.
(2) For each taxpayer described in subsection (1)(b) of this section who is subject to tax under ORS chapter 316, the entity shall withhold tax at the highest marginal rate applicable for the tax year under ORS 316.037 (Imposition and rate of tax). The withheld tax shall be computed based on the taxpayer’s share of the entity’s distributive income from Oregon sources for the entity’s tax year.
(3) For each corporation described in subsection (1)(b) of this section, the entity shall withhold tax at the rate applicable for the tax year under ORS 317.061 (Tax rate) and 318.020 (Imposition of tax). The tax shall be computed based on the corporation’s share of the entity’s distributive income from Oregon sources for the entity’s tax year.
(4) A pass-through entity that is required to withhold tax under this section shall file a withholding return or report with the Department of Revenue setting forth the share of Oregon source distributive income of each nonresident owner, the amount of tax withheld under this section and any other information required by the department. The return shall be filed with the department on the form and in the time and manner prescribed by the department. Taxes withheld under this section shall be paid to the department in the time and manner prescribed by the department.
(5) A pass-through entity that is required to withhold tax under this section shall furnish a statement to each owner on whose behalf tax is withheld. The statement shall state the amount of tax withheld on behalf of the owner for the tax year of the entity. The statement shall be made on a form prescribed by the department and shall contain any other information required by the department.
(6) The department shall apply taxes withheld under this section by a lower-tier pass-through entity on distributions to an upper-tier pass-through entity to the withholding required by the upper-tier pass-through entity under this section.
(7) A pass-through entity is liable to the State of Oregon for amounts of tax required to be withheld and paid under this section. A pass-through entity is not liable to an owner of the pass-through entity for amounts required to be withheld under this section that were paid to the department as prescribed in this section. [2005 c.387 §3]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information