Definitions for ORS 314.605 to 314.675
(1) "Business income" means income arising from transactions and activity in the regular course of the taxpayer’s trade or business and includes income from tangible and intangible property if the acquisition, the management, use or rental, and the disposition of the property constitute integral parts of the taxpayer’s regular trade or business operations.
(2) "Commercial domicile" means the principal place from which the trade or business of the taxpayer is directed or managed.
(3) "Compensation" means wages, salaries, commissions and any other form of remuneration paid to employees for personal services.
(4) "Financial organization" means any financial institution or trust company, as those terms are defined in ORS 706.008 (Additional definitions for Bank Act), any industrial bank, land bank, safe deposit company, private banker, cooperative bank, investment company, or any type of insurance company.
(5) "Nonbusiness income" means all income other than business income.
(6) "Public utility" means any business entity whose principal business is ownership and operation for public use of any plant, equipment, property, franchise, or license for the transmission of communications, transportation of goods or persons, or the production, storage, transmission, sale, delivery, or furnishing of electricity, water, steam, oil, oil products or gas.
(7) "Sales" means all gross receipts of the taxpayer not allocated under ORS 314.615 (When allocation of income from business activity required) to 314.645 (Allocation to this state of patent and copyright royalties).
(8) "State" means any state of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, any territory or possession of the United States, and any foreign country or political subdivision thereof. [1965 c.152 §2; 1997 c.631 §452]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information