Foreclosure of lien
In addition to any other remedy provided by law the lien created by ORS 314.417 (Unpaid tax or withholding lien at time of assessment) may be foreclosed in the following manner:
(1) The Director of the Department of Revenue shall issue an order directed to the sheriff of the county in which the property or interest in property subject to the lien is located, describing the property subject to the lien, and commanding the sheriff to seize the property specified and sell it to pay the amount shown on the order to be due. In the discretion of the director an order of like terms, force and effect may be issued and directed to any agent authorized to collect income taxes, and in the execution thereof the agent shall have all the powers conferred by law upon sheriffs but is entitled to no fee or compensation in excess of actual expenses paid in the performance of such duty.
(2) If the property seized by the sheriff is personal property the sheriff shall utilize the procedures under ORS 311.640 (Levy and sale of personal property or real property machinery and equipment for delinquent property tax) to effect collection of the amount due.
(3) If the property seized by the sheriff is real property the sheriff shall proceed to sell the real property in the same manner that real property is sold under a writ of execution.
(4) Any property which has been sold under this section may be redeemed from the purchaser by the taxpayer or any junior lienor within 120 days from the date of the sale by paying to the purchaser the full purchase price paid plus an additional 20 percent of the purchase price.
(5) In any proceeding under this section to sell property to foreclose a lien, the taxpayer may claim any exemption to which the taxpayer is entitled under the laws of this state relating to property exempt from execution. [1971 c.215 §4]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information