Application for special assessment following acquisition of land through government exchange
- • amount of additional taxes following disqualification
(1) If land specially valued under ORS 308A.062 (Qualification of exclusive farm use zone farmland), 308A.068 (Qualification of nonexclusive farm use zone farmland), 321.257 (Definitions for ORS 321.257 to 321.390) to 321.390 (Land used to grow certain hardwood to be assessed as farm use land), 321.700 (Definitions for ORS 321.700 to 321.754) to 321.754 (Eastern Oregon Timber Severance Tax Fund) or 321.805 (Definitions for ORS 321.805 to 321.855) to 321.855 (Land used to grow certain hardwood to be assessed as farm use land) is acquired by a governmental agency or body as a result of an exchange of the land for land of approximately equal value held by the governmental agency or body and the land acquired from the governmental agency or body is not farm use land located within an exclusive farm use zone or is not land, the highest and best use of which is the growing and harvesting of trees of a marketable species, the owner shall make application for special valuation as farm or forest land in the manner provided under ORS 308A.077 (Application to qualify nonexclusive farm use zone farmland), 321.358 (Application for designation as forestland), 321.706 (Application for small tract forestland qualification) or 321.839 (Application for forestland designation), whichever is applicable, as follows:
(a) If the exchange takes place prior to July 1, the owner shall file the application on or before August 1.
(b) If the exchange takes place on or after July 1, the owner shall file the application on or before April 1 of the following year.
(2) Failure to file an application as required under this section, or failure to otherwise meet the qualification for special valuation under the special assessment law for which application is made shall disqualify the land under ORS 308A.703 (Additional taxes upon disqualification). However, the amount of additional taxes imposed upon the disqualification under this subsection shall be equal to those that would have been imposed against the land transferred to the governmental agency or body on account of the exchange were it not for ORS 308A.706 (Circumstances when additional taxes are deferred) (1)(b).
(3) If an application filed under this section is for classification for farm use special assessment under ORS 308A.068 (Qualification of nonexclusive farm use zone farmland), the owner shall have five years beginning with the first year of classification to meet the income requirements under ORS 308.372 and need not meet the two-year farm use requirements of ORS 308A.068 (Qualification of nonexclusive farm use zone farmland).
(4) This section does not apply to an exchange of forestland to which ORS 308A.706 (Circumstances when additional taxes are deferred) (1)(b) (relating to governmental exchange) applies. [Formerly 308.373; 2003 c.454 §§42,44; 2003 c.621 §91]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.