Assessment and tax rolls
- • preparation
- • contents
- • availability to public
- • rules
(1) This section applies if the assessment and tax rolls do not constitute a written record that can be read by and is available to the public.
(2) At the same time as the certification required under ORS 311.105 (Certificate of taxes levied or imposed) the assessor shall print out the entire assessment and tax roll, including the roll as prepared on September 25, with all corrections, changes and additions to the roll that have occurred to the date the roll is delivered to the tax collector pursuant to ORS 311.115 (Delivery of assessment roll to tax collector).
(3) The assessment and tax roll shall be printed out in full, as of the June 30 that is the end of the fiscal year for which the roll was prepared. As of each June 30, thereafter, the tax collector shall print out those accounts not collected in full or canceled as of the preceding June 30. The printout shall contain a record of all payments, corrections, additions and changes that have occurred since the date of the last printing of the roll.
(4) The printouts required by subsection (3) of this section shall constitute the roll or part thereof as of the date of the particular printout. Such printouts and the source documents that are the basis for the roll shall be retained as otherwise provided by law. The material that is not available to and cannot be read by the general public and that otherwise constitutes the roll up to the date of the printout may be destroyed one year after the printout is made.
(5) Additional printouts shall be made by the assessor or tax collector as the assessor or tax collector deems necessary for proper administration of the tax laws.
(6) The Department of Revenue may by rule require that the printouts include information in addition to that required by subsections (2) and (3) of this section.
(7) Preparation of a microfiche record of the roll shall constitute a printout. [1965 c.344 §4 (308.217 (Form of assessment and tax rolls), 308.219 (Assessment and tax rolls) and 308.221 enacted in lieu of 308.220); 1975 c.780 §4; 1991 c.459 §92; 1997 c.541 §156; 2005 c.94 §44]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent.