- • additional taxes
(1) If, after an exemption under ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites) is granted, the county assessor determines that the property or a portion of the property is not managed, operated or maintained in a manner consistent with ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites):
(a) The exemption granted under ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites) may be terminated;
(b) For the first tax year following the date of termination and each succeeding tax year, the property or portion shall be assessed and taxed as other property similarly situated is assessed and taxed; and
(c) Notwithstanding ORS 311.235 (Bona fide purchaser), there shall be added to the general property tax roll for the tax year next following the determination, to be collected and distributed in the same manner as other real property tax, an amount equal to the amount of tax that would have been due on the property had it not been exempt under ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites) for each of the years during which the property was exempt from taxation under ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites), not to exceed 15 tax years.
(2) The assessment and tax rolls shall show "potential additional tax liability" for each property granted exemption under ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites).
(3) No additional taxes shall be imposed under subsection (2) of this section if the property becomes disqualified for exemption under ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites) because the property is destroyed by fire, act of God or other natural disaster.
(4) Additional taxes collected under this section shall be deemed to have been imposed in the year to which the additional taxes relate.
(5) A property that has lost eligibility for exemption under ORS 307.818 (Beach access sites) may requalify for exemption beginning with the tax year following payment of any additional taxes. [1999 c.872 §5]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information