Definitions for ORS 307.480 to 307.510
(1) "Eligible child care facility" means a child care facility certified under ORS 657A.030 (Criminal History Registry) and 657A.250 (Definitions for ORS 657A.030 and 657A.250 to 657A.450) to 657A.450 (Assistance to staff of facility) and owned or operated by a nonprofit corporation as a nonprofit facility which is operated in conjunction or cooperation with an eligible farm labor camp.
(2) "Eligible farm labor camp" means a farm labor camp owned or operated by a nonprofit corporation as a nonprofit facility which complies with the health code for farm labor camps adopted under the Oregon Safe Employment Act.
(3) "Farm labor camp" means any place, area or piece of land where housing, sleeping places or camping grounds are owned or maintained:
(a) By a person engaged in the business of providing housing, sleeping places or camping grounds for employees or prospective employees of another person and the immediate families of the employees or prospective employees if the employees or prospective employees are or will be engaged in agricultural work. Eligible farm labor camps may provide housing to workers not currently engaged in agricultural work if agricultural work is not available and employees or prospective employees are required to either engage in agricultural work or leave the farm labor camp once agricultural work becomes available in the area.
(b) In connection with any work or place where agricultural work is being performed, whether the housing, sleeping places or camping grounds are owned or maintained by the employer or by another person.
(4) "Owned or operated" by a nonprofit corporation as a nonprofit facility includes, but is not limited to:
(a) The possession or operation of child care facility or farm labor camp property by nonprofit corporation pursuant to a written lease or lease-purchase agreement if:
(A) The nonprofit corporation is obligated under the terms of the lease or lease-purchase agreement to pay the ad valorem taxes on the property used in operating the farm labor camp or child care facility; or
(B) The rent payable by the nonprofit corporation has been established to reflect the savings resulting from the exemption from taxation.
(b) The possession or operation of the property by a partnership of which the nonprofit corporation is:
(A) Either a general partner or the general manager; and
(B) Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the property.
(5) "Rental" means the net amount of income from the eligible child care facility or from the eligible farm labor camp after deduction of costs paid or incurred in the operation of the facility or camp including, but not limited to, salaries or other compensation, insurance, utilities, garbage disposal, supplies, repairs and maintenance, interest and capital costs (whether capitalized and depreciated or amortized or deducted currently) but not including the in lieu taxes imposed under ORS 307.490 (Payments in lieu of taxes). [1973 c.382 §1; 1991 c.232 §1; 1993 c.168 §1; 1995 c.278 §33]
3 OregonLaws.org assembles these lists by analyzing references between Sections. Each listed item refers back to the current Section in its own text. The result reveals relationships in the code that may not have otherwise been apparent. Currency Information